Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Interesting Conversation

On December 31, more commonly known as New Years Eve, I was over at my parent's house enjoying some simple partying. I sat down on the couch and pretty soon, my 5 year old niece came up to me. This is the conversation that proceeded to happen.

"Aunt Becky, you are having a baby and not telling anyone."

"No sis, I'm not having a baby right now." (It was actually the furthest thing from our minds at that point.)

"Yes you are. You just haven't told anyone."

"No, really, I am not having a baby right now."

"Well, you just haven't told anyone."

"What makes you think that I am having a baby sis?"

"Because you are."

Well, this had my mind racing. I was a little late and now I was really questioning. On January 2nd, I took a test and it was POSITIVE! So, unplanned by either Mike or I, we are having a baby!

We hit a rough patch about a week ago and actually thought we had lost the baby. After some blood tests (really, not much fun) they discovered that I am still pregnant. We then got to make the fun trip over to get an ultrasound. This is way earlier than most people get them, and we got to see our baby and there was a heartbeat, which resulted in much rejoicing! The only downside to this is that I have to take it easy for the next little bit. The placenta has detached a little from the uterus and that is what caused us to think we were losing the baby. This is the conversation that happened Thursday night with my doctor.

"You are at home right now, correct?"

"No, I am student teaching."

"Well, I want you to sit down more than you are up and around."

"You did hear that I am student teaching, right?"

"Well, just stay sitting down as much as possible, and don't lift anything heavy."

"OK, I guess I will just drag a chair to the front of the room and plant myself there." (which by the way, I really did do on Friday.) My doctor really liked that idea.

My cooperating teacher has been 100% supportive of this whole situation and has actually been really great to work with. Mike has forbidden me of wearing my boots (really high heels) for the next seven months and everybody keeps telling me, "You need to sit down." If the end result is a new little bundle of joy to add to our family, I am willing to do all of this.

This is a picture of our little peanut. It is 7 1/2 weeks in this picture. I can't wait to find out if we are having a little boy or girl. Mike really wants a little princess, although he did admit the other day that having a boy would be fun too. Just imagine, a little Mikey pattering around our house after big Mikey. Oh, how cute!

We are not out of the woods yet, so to speak, and would appreciate any and all prayers and thoughts. We will keep you all updated!

14 comments:

Sue's Kitchen said...

I am praying and have my fingers and toes crossed that everything go ok. We just can't wait to have two new little ones running around this year. We love you guys and we are praying!!! MOM and DAD

Amber said...

Hooray! I am SO, SO, SO excited for you! Congratulations! :) Little Baby Proctor

jerraine said...

Congratulations!!! You want a boy or girl???? ;)

Kasie said...

Congrats congrats congrats! What an exciting, fun, and stressful time for you! Take it easy and enjoy every minute!

Amanda said...

Congrats! We're glad that everything has turned out better than the news you got a couple of weeks ago. Beleive me, I know that relief! Take it easy!

Rosie said...

We are so excited for you guys! I'm glad that things seem to be working out!
Hey did you forget about my dream???

Logan said...

That is so exciting, Becky! I hope everything continues going well!

The Barton Bunch said...

That is great news!! Congrats! Take everyone's advice and SIT DOWN....you will get plenty of standing up in about a year when you are chasing over her/him so just take it easy for now. Our prayers are with you!

Sarey1127 said...

Our congrats and prayers! You are at the beginning of a wild and crazy journey! Enjoy the ride!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

CONGRATS!! YAY!! I'm SO excited for you!!

FurrFun said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that you haven't lost the baby! The last of it I heard was that you had lost it. That just makes me so happy. We'll be praying for you and your little one!

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

Congratulations Becky! What a great, fun surprise!! Here's hoping things are continuing to proceed well, and wishing you little morning sickness as you try to get through the next 7 weeks!

Erica said...

We are soo happy for you guys!! How exciting and what a surprise! Do take care of yourself! You and the baby come first! When I was going through student teaching I had the same orders to sit as much as possible. It was hard, but it was also kind of nice to always have a reason to sit or snack during the day : ) Good luck with everything. You'll be such a great mom!! Take care!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness~ Congratulations!!! Are you due in September??? When? :) Brayden was due Sept 19th but born on the 25th~