Friday, January 9, 2009

Date Night

A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I cleaned out our little bedroom. I am not even sure that you could call it a bedroom, but it is little. In the process, we found an envelope. Hmmm...wonder what is in here? Gift certificates! To a restaurant, the movies and some other places. We decided that we would invite our friends, Amy and Jamie, to go with us out to a movie. They found a babysitter and off we went.

We had decided previously that we wanted to see the movie, Marley and Me. We then heard about how the movie is a tear jerker, and to be prepared. It was, and we were. I made sure to take some Kleenex in my coat pocket.

The night started of great. We picked up Amy and Jamie and made our way to the movie theater, where the line was out of control. By the time we got up to the window to get our tickets, one of the girls started to climb up to put a sold out ticket over a show time. We were sure that she was going to put it on our showing of Marley and Me, but no, after she banged her head (pretty hard I might add) on the sign, she put the sold out on the movie Bride Wars (another that I would love to see, but good luck getting Mike to go with me.) We got the tickets that we wanted and went into the movie. We learned that the back row is favored and had a blast chatting it up until the movie started. Amy had some jelly beans in her purse that she brought out to share. Now, these aren't regular jelly beans, they are like those Harry Potter ones, the ones where you never know what flavor you are going to get. I was trying to see what the flavor was, but couldn't tell as it was dark, but if there was any possible way that it would be bad, I passed it over to Mike. That is how he got the skunk spray flavor. You'll have to ask him how it tasted.

As the previews started, we heard this "hisssssssssssss" sound. Completely hilarious is the fact that Jamie had a soda that he snuck in and when he went to open it, it had this long, drawn out "hisssssssss." We had to try very hard not to laugh, but Jamie got his soda.

The movie is so good. It is so sad. I knew how the movie ended based upon the comments of others, but for those of you who have not seen it, I will not tell you. Just be prepared to laugh and to cry. Movies that are good make you run the gamut of emotions, and Marley and Me definitely did this. I have seen Mike cry very few times in our wedded life, and tonight was one of them. I looked over at him and he (although he will deny it until his dying day) had a tear running down his cheek and he kept sniffling. He refused to use the Kleenex that I tried to pass over to him. It was like, if he used a Kleenex, it would be admitting to the fact that he cried during the movie. The movie is a keeper and one that we would suggest that everybody watch.

We then made our way home and as we dropped off Amy and Jamie, laughed and talked some more. They are a fun couple and we are glad that they like hanging out with us. Thanks for the Date Night!

1 comment:

Peacocks said...

We had fun too, thanks for inviting us, it is always good to get out and have a nice break from the kids. And I too enjoyed the movie, and my cat seems to be enjoying the extra attention I am giving her. I will be sad when she passes on. I have more of those jellybeans if Mike wants some. We will have to get together again soon, but this time at our house for a yummy dinner and redbox movie!!!!