Thursday, January 22, 2009

Student Teaching

It has begun. Student teaching. Wow, I never thought it would be so exhausting. I started on Monday, January 12, and on Wednesday of that same week, I had full charge of the classes. It was fun. It was tiring. It was exciting. It was slightly, but not too much, nerve wracking. By Friday, I was in the classroom alone. There is a definite freedom to this, but, there was much trepidation when that Friday morning rolled around. It didn't help that life happened in a big way on Thursday afternoon.

I have some students that are definitely not excited for "another stupid student teacher," and I get many questions of, "Where is Mr. Beeson?" or " When is Mr. Beeson coming back?" I also have some students who seem to be excited that I am there, or at least willing to give me a chance. There are some students who are a learning and growing opportunity for me.

All in all, it is a lot of fun, coupled with a ton of work, and overall great times! I actually had one student express dismay when he found out I was only going to be there for third quarter and wouldn't be teaching for the fourth. Little ego boost for me. :)

I would like to apologize if my posts become slightly more erratic as it has been hard to find the time to sit down and actually make a post in the last week and a 1/2. But, please, keep me updated on yours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that things are going so great at school. You do need to share with all the rest of what has been happing in Mikes and your life. That would a great idea. Then I could post something about it to.
Mom

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Hey Becky! Well, you KNOW my posts are erratic, so I definitely forgive you. :) How exciting to finally be in the classroom on your own! I bet you're great at it.

Peacocks said...

Well I have to say that i was mighty relieved to hear that all is well with your little peanut! I hope that the remaining 7 months go well.