Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

I figured I would give you all a little update since the last post. I have spent a couple of days down in bed (trust me, really boring) because I have had some spotting. I had some on Saturday and stayed down through Sunday night and then again this morning. I got to call my cooperating teacher at 6 am to let him know that I wouldn't be at school this morning (unlike all that I had planned to do.) He is awesome about the whole situation and constantly tells me that my baby comes first.

I went to my Dr. today and he wasn't excited about the spotting. He instructed me to stay in bed until Thursday (another fun phone call to make to my cooperating teacher) and then I got my exam. He told me that if he didn't hear a heartbeat (may still be too early) that he was going to have me do another ultra sound on Thursday. Imagine, 9 weeks and already 2 ultrasounds? Thank goodness, he was able to hear the baby's heartbeat and everything is good there! I still get to take it easy. Plan on being on chair rest for the next couple of weeks (which I have already been doing) and he thinks I will be fine. Yeah! It was awesome to hear our little baby's heartbeat, although it didn't sound anything like the heartbeat I have grown up with, but it was still cool.

So, everything is great, still taking it easy (really easy for the next couple of days) and still growing my little one inside of me. Look out for September!

On a little side note, I had my first student tell me that I "wasn't qualified to be a teacher." Hahaha, this is all from having them turn in their journals to get graded. Yeah for me! I have had a little chuckle about it all weekend!

6 comments:

Kasie said...

Yay for making students mad! You are a fantastic teacher! Take it easy and keep me updated!

Christensen family said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope everything goes well. Babies are the best!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Hey. I have a weird and random question for you. So I took the Praxis like a month ago and they said scores would be posted in 4 weeks. It's been 4 weeks. All I want to know is if I passed, I could care less about the score. So when I log into my account on the Praxis website it asks for payment info to get the scores. Isn't there a way to just see if I passed or failed? If so, would you let me know? I'm dying to know! (even though I'm pretty sure I failed). So are you feeling any better? I hope things are going well! I can't believe your not in my classroom management class. What the heck!!

Michelle said...

I am so glad you heard the heart beat! Phew!! Take it easy!

Rachel Murray said...

Congrats on the baby news!! I am so excited for you guys. Sorry things haven't been easy so far, hopefully it gets better.

Peacocks said...

Well we still want to have you guys over for dinner, but we have to get our house back together! It is now being painted and hopefully that will be done by the end of this week. And you must bring orange fluff!!!! I will keep you posted and you keep reminding me!