Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today, June 30, 2008, commemorates the one year anniversary that Mike & I have been married. This year has been packed full of fun, excitement, and even some hard times, but I have loved it. I just wanted to share some of our highlights of this past year.

Just a few short weeks after Mike and I got married, we lost Mike's Grandma, Rosemary Proctor. While I had just recently met and gotten to know her, she quickly won a place in my heart. While losing her was hard, it really brought home how lucky we are to have the gospel in our lives. It reaffirmed our testimonies of the eternal nature of the Plan of Salvation that our Heavenly Father has created for us.

A month after we got married, we were able to join Rosie & Mark in the Temple as they were sealed for all time and eternity as their own family unit. It was amazing to be able to join in such a sacred event so short after our own sealing. It helped to remind me some of the things that were said in our sealing (it was such a crazy day, I didn't remember much, except that Mike was supposed to give me money for pizza).

We had a new nephew join the family, who is the cutest little guy ever! This little guy has the brightest eyes, and while he looks so much like his brother's he is developing into his own personality. You should check out some of his great looks here.

I enjoyed my first deer hunt ever. I learned that no matter what Mike says, he doesn't really mean it when he says his turn is next to get out of the warm bed to put wood in the fire BEFORE it goes out...he can't leave the warmth of the bed. This leaves me to get out and put the wood on the fire and then gives me a reason to really snuggle close to get warm again. While it snowed and was cold, I had a blast on the deer hunt and am looking forward to this October and my second hunt!

Mike and I had a tough winter, but we survived. School was tough & Mike's work was tough. I had some crazy wicked classes that required a ton of work and Mike had many days where he didn't work but we made it through. But, at the end of it, I got accepted to the Education program and Mike survived to the good weather.

Currently, I just finished up summer classes and Mike is working graveyards. I leave for work at 8 am and get home around 7:30 pm (slightly a longer day because I ride my bike. An hour there and an hour and a 1/2 home) and Mike leaves for work around 5:45ish PM and gets home anywhere from 5 AM - 8 AM. This leaves us not a lot of time to see each other but we live for the weekends! Recognizing that we were going to live it up on Saturday, the day we decided to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't plan very well. Mike had Webelos Woods (day camp with the Webelos) and I had to work. But, we when we finally saw each other, it was fun.

We went Applebee's and it was delicious! As we walked into the restaurant, I told the manager and the hostess that it was our anniversary. Well, that was a good move because the manager was awesome. The manager came to our table and talked to us (we think that it made the waiter a little nervous but he soon recognized that we weren't complaining about him) and came to wish us a happy anniversary. He asked if we wanted a desert and Mike was all over that. He then brought it out and told us that he gave us a little discount on our meal. Yeah, a little, it was a 50% discount. Let me tell you, on top of some great food, a good time with my husband and some fun conversation, we had an amazing celebration!

I have to say that I am so glad that Mike came into my life. He may tease me for being 'cheesy,' but I love him and am glad that he is my husband. Not only did I get a great husband, but I get to be a part of the great Proctor family. Another thing that is great is that Mike makes the time to go camping (which I love but didn't do too often before!) I am excited because that is what we are doing this weekend. See you all and I look forward to another great year with the man that I love.

3 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

Happy late anniversary! I would love to geta 50% discount on food at Applebee's!!! Maybe I will say it is my anniversary next time I go there.

Christensen family said...

I knew it was your anniversary sometime soon. I remember because I was at your sealing, and that was the last place I was with Grandma. I'm glad the temple was the last place to be with her. Congrats on your anniversary. Applebees is my favorite restaurant.

Amanda said...

Ewww! Saying all that mushy, cheesy stuff about my brother makes me gag! Gross!

Just kidding (for the most part) I'm glad Mike found you and pressured you into marrying him. Keep on keeping him in line. Don't take too much of his nonsense.

For reals now... I'm glad you joined the crazy Proctor gang. Your good for Mikey and I'm glad I gained a terrific new sister in the process!