Wednesday, June 11, 2008

YEAH!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I learned about a type of loan available for those in the education program. It is the Terrel H. Bell Teaching Incentive Loan Program. The great thing about this loan is that they count it as a scholarship. See, if you get the loan for 1 year, and you teach in the state of Utah for 1 year, than you don't have to pay it back. They even give you 3 years to get a job after you graduate, which is amazing! I was told to go ahead and apply, but that UVU didn't get any money for this loan last year, but it is always worth a try, right? I decided it was worth a try, and even though I found out about this 2 days before the deadline, I decided to go for it. I put in the application, and then, to be honest, I promptly forgot all about it.

I got home from work today and there was a letter from UVU. I was wondering what they would be sending me a letter for and was very excited when I opened it to read, The College is pleased to offer you a incentive loan for the year 2008-2009. Yeah!!! I got the scholarship that they only count as a loan if I don't end up teaching. I can't tell you how excited I am! Really, I am totally stoked to the point that I am even excited about writing my 6 page research paper on the Psychology of Motivation for students.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Every little thing helps when you are going to school!

The Barton Bunch said...

YAY!! Congrats Becky! You will be a great teacher!

Rosie said...

Holy Cow Becky! Congratulations! That is so cool. It was totaly worth putting in the application. We are soooooo happy for you!