Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A weed?

Seriously, a weed. That is what I am starting to think I gave birth too. Yesterday, E had his 1 month appointment to make sure that he is a well baby, and oh, he so is a well baby. He is now measuring 23 inches (seriously? My little guy grew 2 1/2 inches in a month???) and 11.2 lbs. This may explain why I had to finally put aside the newborn pajamas and move up to the 3 month. Poor little E couldn't stretch out his legs in them.

The nurse gave me a little chart of where E is with his height and weight and his age group. He is 100%. His weight was right at the top and his length was actually off the chart. Seriously, he is growing way too fast! But, I am so glad that he is a healthy little baby boy.

On a side note, there was a little baby girl at the doctors who was born on the same day as E. She was 4 weeks early, so for her to be smaller is to be expected, but E was seriously twice her size! She was just barely weighing in at over 6 lbs. That is smaller than E when he was born! She looked so tiny and fragile next to him. I just slightly wished that he had been that size when he was born (is it easier if they are smaller?) but am so glad that he is healthy.

E has earned or received quite a few nicknames. Here are a few, and the reasons why he has them...

Little Duke (Mike's dad loves John Wayne and has taken to calling E Little Duke. I am hoping that this doesn't mean E looks like John Wayne, but Mike's dad has a special nickname for each of his grandkids. It makes it fun for them, both the grandkids and grandpa. These nicknames have a tendency to be picked up by the rest of the family and used.)
Squealer (E has a tendency sometimes to squeal. That tendency, I think, is slowly being outgrown.)
Little Squirt (hahaha, guess how he got this one. It happened when he got Mike.)
Little Man (he doesn't look like a baby, but a little man. :( Should I be sad about that?
Chunky Monkey (this one is because of how fast he is growing! He is also starting to get the adorable baby rolls, slowly but surely.)

He has more, I am just having momma brain right now and can't remember them. I just can't get over how much I love being with my little guy, and how cute he is. Gosh, I love being a mom!

No comments: