Monday, October 5, 2009

Crazy busy

I never thought that taking care of a newborn would be so time consuming, but I am loving every minute of it...even though I suffer frequently from sleep deprivation. This weekend seemed especially busy.

Friday night, I enjoyed my first evening baby free since E was born. Mike stayed home with him (good thing we found out earlier in the day that he will take a bottle, if we are prepared) and I went shopping with Amanda, Rosie, and Mike's mom for something to wear for the Proctor family pictures Saturday morning. I was away from E for 3 hours, and because I hadn't been planning on going anywhere that night, I looked slightly worse for wear (really, it was slightly embarrassing how I looked,) but Rosie kindly stated, "We'll just tell people, new mom out of the house!" It was actually a fun evening, and I didn't stress like I thought I would being out without my little guy.

Saturday morning started early with family pictures. Let me tell you, with a newborn schedule, getting anywhere by 7:40 AM proved more work than I am used to, and all of us having to look nice! But we did it, and pictures were fun...so keep watching the blog for our cute little family pictures!

After pictures, we all drove the Alpine Loop. We stopped at Cascade Springs and was a lot of fun! M had to help "push" the stroller by holding onto the little leash that keeps the stroller with you if you fall while jogging. It was cute! M is a big help. E started fussing and M was right there patting him, and E calmed right down. So glad there are such cute cousins.
After getting some relaxing time on Sunday, we headed out to help celebrate B's 5th birthday and M 2nd. Wow, talk about cake that turned your teeth green! It was delish though, and lots of fun watching B and M play with their new toys.

1 comment:

Peacocks said...

More work than your used to huh? Well now you know why I start getting my kids ready for church the night before! I couldn't imagine trying to get everyone ready in the morning, that is my time to hog the bathroom. Such cute pics I can't wait for my turn with your talent behind the camera.