Thursday, December 25, 2008

Temple Square 2008

On Sunday, Mike and I decided to make a trip up to Salt Lake, continuing the tradition that we had started last year. We toured the grounds of the Salt Lake Temple, which was very beautiful. It had snowed and snow covered the ground (and fell upon you from the Tabernacle roof.) The snow added to the beauty and just made it seem like Christmas. It didn't even seem to be too cold, although I did have thermals and a good coat on. Be prepared is what I always say!

Those that clear the snow away had obviously used a 4-wheeler, or something like this, to move the snow away from the front of the church office buildings. The snow was piled up at the East end of the property. I decided it would be fun to climb up on top, you know, be Queen of the Mountain. I kicked the snow to make a toe hold to climb up and it was FROZEN SOLID! I am pretty sure that I almost broke my toe! Don't just kick snow, make sure that it is soft before hand. Lessons learned the hard way.

Here are some of the pictures that we took, please enjoy them.
Remember the reason for the Season!
Mike's favorite nativity featured at Temple Square.

1 comment:

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

Wow Becky! I am so impressed with those photos! Are you sure you chose the right major? Because I think you could have a career in photography!! Merry Christmas!