Thursday, December 11, 2008

FINISHED!!

Mike has been feeling slightly ignored these last couple of weeks.

It doesn't help that he is home most of the time while I am at work and/or school.

He puts up with my piles of papers. They are all over. Really, a pile for each project.

He really put up with us going to the library for 3 hours while I compiled my portfolio for my Methods class, even though he kept shushing me as I 3-hole punched all my papers. (Who knew that a hole punch could be so loud?)

Mostly, Mike has put up with the new face he says I have grown, it is silver and has an apple on it.

But, his patience has paid off.

My unit plan was finished Saturday. My Teacher Work Sample was finished on Monday. My portfolio was put together by Monday night. I started my 10 page paper on Tuesday night (I probably shouldn't admit that until after I get the grade) and finished it at midnight last night. In between all of this, I read The Rover, which is a very interesting play if anyone would like to borrow it.

I learned that I could get some good thoughts down on a paper. If anybody wants a secret...Outline, and Introduce. Then, introduce each paragraph as a supporting to your introduction, throw in a quote, discuss the quote. If you do this in depth, you can get a long paper in no time. Oh the joy and the secrets I have learned in my college career.

I even took a final today. It was early. It was so blessedly easy, I enjoyed it. It was open note and I just had to find the information on the notes. I love those 1 credit classes where they feel they have to give a final, but make it so easy. Enjoyable.

I sadly went to my last methods class. I am going to miss methods. It is one of my favorite classes. Mostly because of Kay. It is also the class where I get to learn all the little methods and tips and secrets to teaching. I will really miss this class. But, I am SO EXCITED to put everything that I learned into practice starting in January at AF High! Lookout Cavemen, here I come!

Now, looking back on my college semester, I have three finals left. After all of the rush of big projects and papers that are due in the end of the semester, the finals always seem anti-climatic. This semester though, I will remember them. They are the last finals I will be taking. Forever. Unless I decide to get a Masters. I have to convince Mike of that first. Maybe one day. It may be awhile. I think I need a break from going to school. I would like to teach school first.

Yes, this has been a very chaotic last couple of weeks. Yes, I am so glad that they are coming to an end. Yes, I will miss going to school and seeing all the people that I have come to know (all my favorite friends.) Yes, I am excited to leave and enter the real world. Sorry, I am.

No comments: