Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oops!

You know those experiences you have where you unintentionally, but without a doubt, totally embarrass somebody? At the same time, this unintentional embarrassment causes enjoyment for all involved? I was involved in one of those today.

When you get into the English Major and Education Classes, there are many people that you have met and you just keep getting classes with. Because of this, you develop friendships and you often talk as you leave class. Today, a group of us were chatting as we left our Methods II class. As we were talking, a fellow student that we all had expected to be in these classes with us came walking down the hall. We corralled him to find out how he had been, what had happened to him etc. If you imagine, there is a group of five girls quizzing one guy. While we are standing in this group, two guys come walking down the LA corridor (this is the big hall that eventually leads out to the parking lot) passing out these fliers. One of the guys specifically walks up to one girl in this group that we have formed, gives her a flier and walks off. Nicole and I both turn to this girl and said something to the tune of, "That is what you get for being HOT!" Whether it was louder because we both said it together, or because this guy was totally in tune, he heard us. Much to A's (I told her that I would only refer to her by her first initial) embarrassment, he turns around, and in response, shouts out, "Yeah, that is what you get for being HOT!"

In response to guy #1, guy #2 turns around and comes back to us. He told us that he was offended that we would think they would only hand out fliers to hot girls and handed each of us a flier in turn. While guy #2 was doing this, guy #1 was trying to hit on A to 'hook' up.

After these two guys left, we had a little laugh and then both Nicole and I apologized to A for bringing this attention to her. I should note that Nicole and I are both married and in no way cared if these guys thought we were hot or not, but it definitely brought out some unintended laughter when they two guys reacted to our comment (the comment that we thought the guys were too far away to hear) in the way that they did! So, many thanks to A (I know that you are stalking this blog) for helping us find a laugh and for being such a good sport about the whole thing.

Because of this experience, I now have a flier to attend:

THROWDOWN
ELITE
SHOWDOWN II
"THE RETURN"
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 26TH 2008

If any of you are interested in actually attending this, let me know, because I have a flier and can tell you all about it. The event is determining the 'throwdown lightweight championship title" in case that means anything to anyone out there, and it includes five whole rounds of title fights!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ok ok you caught me, i TOTALLY stalk you. Today i had a purpose though! i got on expecting to comment about your Lagoon adventure, and all of the sudden...hahaaaha However, i AM flattered that I got an honorable mention in your blog!!

Annnd i will DEF be at this "throwdown." That's the kind of supportive girlfriend I am :)See you there, right?

ps Since I was busted, i confess...i am a Proctor Post regular. Love your blog Becky!

Nicki said...

So I'm pretty sure that this was about the funniest thing that has happened this week. I'm glad I was there to participate in this hilarious moment. And way to be a supportive "girlfriend" Ashton!

Kasie said...

Man, I totally wish I was there . . . not that I enjoy laughing at other people's embarrassing moments, but . . . okay maybe I do! Next time I will have to stick around!

leanne miner said...

Becky - this is halarious - and I miss you! I miss being in the Kress - time doesn't fly as quickly now :(