Monday, September 15, 2008

Update

I figured that I would give a quick update on our lives. Mike is back to working nights for a couple of weeks, which means that we are now in the mode of seeing each other in passing. It has given me a chance to get all the homework done that I didn't do last week due to my studying for the Praxis, but I would rather see him.

I cut my hair! Finally, I am over the ponytails that got way too easy to wear over the summer with the bike riding. The ponytails just seemed to be way too easy to wear as school started again and life seemed to get busier. I will post some pictures of my new do soon, I promise!

I took the Praxis on Saturday. I am so glad that is over (hopefully) and I can put it out of my mind now. I just now have to wait 4 weeks for the results. This is something that I don't understand, why does it take so long? It was a multiple choice test with the answers being put on a scan-tron, they just have to put it through the scan reader, so why does it take so long? I am constantly being reminded that patience is a virtue, so, I will wait for the results, and pray that I did good enough that I pass on the first try. It is an expensive test and I do not wish to retake it. For those of you who don't know what the Praxis is, it is the test that you have to take that shows you know your content knowledge in order to teach. At UVU, they require that you take it (and pass) before you graduate, and they prefer you take it before you student teach.

That reminds me, I turned in my student teaching application! How could I forget this update? I will find out in November where I will be assigned to teach. I am nervous and keep asking myself, "Am I prepared?" or "Am I ready for this?" I hope to be placed in Alpine, but, could be placed in another district. The end just keeps getting closer and it is exciting and nerve-racking at the same time.

I think that this is all of the updates that I have right now. I will let you all know when I get the Praxis results.

3 comments:

Kasie said...

I hope you did fantastic on the Praxis!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Hey! I noticed you cut your hair, but don't know why I didn't say anything. I'm glad you have a blog :)

Anonymous said...

I am crossing my fingers that you pass! Oh and by the way am I ever going to see you again? You noticed I said, see you! I did not say you guys;) Just kidding you guys should come stop by maybe we could get together on sunday for dinner! I really hopr you did great on that test! Love and miss seeing you and mike!
Love mom (sue)