Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lagoon!

Last night, Nu Skin threw all their employees a grand ol' party, and we went up to Lagoon! It was a blast! When Mike & I got there, there didn't seem to be anyone at all, but it was also OK because there were hardly any lines.

I went first to Wicked. If you haven't ridden it, you should. It shoots you up and then drops you, and then you twist and turn. It is a blast! I learned that Mike, after riding on the ride last year, absolutely refused to ride it, so I went on this ride alone. He missed out. He did consent to ride Spider though, after not riding it last year, and he cussed the whole time. Strangely, after cussing and screaming the whole ride, at the end, he turned to me and said, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." There is nothing more fun than seeing your manly man freak out on rides!

He refused to go on Colossus, The Rocket (which strangely I wanted to ride again after a freaky experience a couple of years ago of the harness opening on me), Wicked, The Spider (after the first ride) and the Samarai. After riding Wicked alone, I decided not to ride any other rides alone (it just isn't as fun as when you get the manly man to ride with you and you get to laugh at him).

We mistakenly went on a few water rides (what were we thinking?) and got wet. First was the Log Plume ride. We had my friends son, Brandon, with us. Brandon and I sat in the back and Mike sat in the front. Mike got the wettest and it was great!. We then went on Rattlesnake Rapids. Mike and Brandon got the wettest, but then we went again. Oh, what were we thinking? All three of us were dripping when we got off. I could probably have shampooed my hair it was so wet! And then it got cold...brrrrrr....

Mike loves the Bat (I really had to convince him to go on it though) and then we went on some of the old school rides. Go Tidal Wave! Go Tilt-a-whirl! Go the ride by the Colossus that throws you to the outer edge (the music one.)

Here are some of the pictures that we took. We are sorry that they are so bad, but they were taken on the camera phone, but enjoy! I am also throwing in some pictures from the past, like me riding my bike etc.

This is us as we are waiting to get on the Tilt-a-whirl.

This is us as we are waiting for the Tilt-a-whirl ride to start!
This is Mike's new look, isn't it great?
This is me riding my bike, one of my first rides and I was bright red and tired! I know that I look a bit freaky in this picture...I was trying to look happy, but was really exhausted and I just look scary.
This is Mike's new grill (if we ever get another grill.)

3 comments:

The Broderick Bulletin said...

so where on earth is that pig grill it is just to cute=) Ha Ha looks like you had fun a lagoon and I will definitly miss you guys at disneyland.

Gina and Jon said...

grr I really wanted to go to that party! Looks like it was fun.

jerraine said...

Becky, I posted the pictures of you, Mike and Brandon on the rapid ride on my blog. Save a copy for yourself. You guys were so WET and I'm glad that I didn't ride with you three!!!! LOL