Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Relaxing Sundays

I love Sundays. I love it when we have nowhere to go and we can do our own thing. We get up, go to church and then relax. I love it. We met my friend to take her family pictures. She has given me some much needed massages and I owed her. She has such a cute little family and taking their pictures was fun. After wards, we ended up heading up the canyon. We stopped by Bridal Veil Falls. There were so many people there! But it was nice. It was cooler up the canyon and we enjoyed our little stroll up the path. Mike loved showing E the ducks in the river (I don't think E saw them, he was fascinated by all the running water 20 feet below him.) I loved getting the chance to take some pics of my little guy.

I was told today that this picture makes my little guy look like a toddler! He no longer looks like my little baby. He is growing just way too fast.Can you believe he is 7 months already! I cannot. Time has FLOWN by. He is sitting up, and has been for 3 months. About a month and a half ago, he had rolled over multiple times in a 20 minute period, and then he stopped. I thought he had forgotten how. I now realize he just didn't want to. He is now rolling over all the time! A rolling baby in the middle of a diaper change presents a new set of challenges.

E is starting to get on his hands and knees. He hasn't figured it out yet that he can use this as a method to propel himself forward. He is generally doing it to allow himself to reach further when he is trying to get a toy. He usually ends up plopping onto his stomach, but a few times has used this as a precursor to taking a nose dive onto a hard surface. When he is on his stomach, he is all over the place. He moves anywhere within a 2-4 foot space and is good at turning in circles on the ground. Part of me can't wait to see him mobile and exploring more of his world and the other part of me dreads what he can get into when he becomes mobile! Now, I can put him down and know he will be mostly in the same place!

If E finds himself next to a low surface while on the ground, he has started trying to pull himself up. A few times, this has resulted in a fall backwards. Except for the falls, he loves being able to reach up and peep over the edge of a coffee table, footstool, or whatever happens to be nearby. It is also hilarious to think he is on the floor in front of the coffee table and you are on the couch and the next thing you see are these eyes peeking over the top, between little fingers holding on for dear life as little legs are trying to get up past the knees to get higher. I think I may need to watch him in the future. He may turn into a little climber!

1 comment:

Amber said...

WOW! I can't believe how big he is! You take great pictures. Gotta take advantage of the sunshine! :) Lets have a RS reunion sometime soon -- you, me, Janna and Jennie!