Monday, May 3, 2010

What?!?

I know babies like to eat everything. I am learning just how true this is. In the past weeks, I have caught E eating; paper, dirt, cinderblocks, dog bone, whole clementines.



The paper is normal. Who hasn't heard of a baby that doesn't like to crinkle, crumple, and taste paper? We are learning that we have got to place all paper up higher than we think E can reach, and since E is learning to pull himself up, this is getting higher and higher every day.



The dirt, I guess that could be considered normal also, especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors or have plants in your house. E isn't quite crawling yet, but he has definitely learned to get around. I put him down the other day, he is playing quietly. Next thing I know, he has moved 3-4 feet to our plant and is eating the dirt out of it. The plant is now on a chair, where the dirt will hopefully be safely out of reach for the next little bit.




Cinderblocks. This is a new one. I have never heard of any baby eating a cinderblock. Maybe E is sharpening his teeth? When Mike and I put a loveseat upstairs, we had to cut the legs off to get it through the tight spaces. Even then, it was difficult to get up the stairs. Once up, because it didn't have legs, Mike felt it was too low to the ground and put the loveseat up on cinderblocks to raise it up. Yesterday, Mike and I were up watching a show. E was squirmy and kept wanting down, so I put him down on the floor. He entertained himself and then all of a sudden, I heard a scraping sound. What the...? I look down and E is trying to bite the cinderblock! By the time a got him, I think he managed 3-4 tries. Hope it tasted good.
When I am doing anything, I generally put E on his floor in his bedroom to play with his toys. Well, this also happens to be where Jake takes his rawhide bones to chew. Don't ask my why he loves to be in E's room. A couple of weeks ago, E was playing and every 5-10 minutes, I would check on him and he would be happily playing with his blocks. Well, one time, I walked in and E is happily chewing on Jake's rawhide. DISGUSTING! I snatched the bone away and threw it away. I didn't even give Jake a chance to take his bone anywhere else. I guess E is just doing his best to build a strong immune system in his first year.



Clementine oranges happen to be everywhere right now. I splurged the other day and bought some (mostly a splurge because Mike doesn't generally eat any of this yummy food I buy, so if I buy it, it is for me, and lately E.) I had been taking sections of the clementines and cutting them up and giving them to E. He thoroughly enjoys them. Well, on Saturday, Mike gave E a whole clementine to play with. He didn't think that E would break into it. Well, he did. It is a good thing he was sitting on the wood floor and not the carpet. This is the result:

(Note: I was going to post pictures of the clementine that E demolished, but I cannot find my camera cord. Pictures will come soon. Hopefully.)

(Note 2: I always thought, "How can you lose your camera cord?" whenever somebody posted that they couldn't post pictures because they had...now I understand.)

(Note 3: If I don't post the pictures of the clementine, please remind me, cause they are just too cute.)















No comments: