Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update

I have been told that I need to seriously update my blog. Yes, I admit that I do. It has been a long time, but I have been BUSY! Don't ask me doing what, I have no idea. I know I spent the entire morning yesterday just watching my cute little guy sleeping until I had to get myself ready for work and E ready to go to the babysitter. While there was so much I needed to be doing, I felt that this was so much more important (and rewarding.)

So, I promised I would show a picture of E in his blessing outfit. Here it is! Isn't he cute? Although he is not loving the sun in his eyes. My mom buys little shoes for all her grand children's blessings. She was so worried that the 3-6 month shoes would be too large for E. She forgets that my little boy is huge and has his daddy's gynormous feet. They fit perfectly! The best memory about the blessing outfit? On the morning of the blessing, while I was getting ready for church, Mike decided to get E dressed. Mike spent 5 minutes trying to undo these little tiny buttons on the vest of the shirt. Poor Mike, it was a faux vest and didn't need to be unbuttoned to be put on!

So, when E was about a month old, we found this adorable little Sunday outfit in a 3-6 month size. Mike has been trying to get me to put E in it for awhile, but I have been stubborn and insisting that it was too big and that he keep wearing his little onsie with the tie that Aunt Amanda made for him. The onsie was getting to be quite the muscle shirt and was getting more and more difficult to put on, so I gave in and put this outfit on him, thinking it would be way to big. Wrong! I should have put him in it a long time ago. As it is, we cannot do up the top button (really we can but it is very uncomfortable for E ) which means that the cute little tie that came with the outfit doesn't look good. You can't really wear a tie with a shirt that isn't fully buttoned up now, can you? Here is a picture of E in this outfit. Notice how red his hair looks in this picture! I am sad to say that I will probably have to be extra diligent with the sunscreen the entire time E is growing up. I have a hard time being diligent for myself (which is why I look like a lobster at least once a year.)
This is one of the most recent pictures of my little guy. It was taken on Thanksgiving day. His daddy picked out this sweater for him. Mike does have good taste, doesn't he? But then, he married me! haha (Mike will say that is extremely cheesy.) How could you see this little guy and not fall in love? He is my little chunky monkey (nickname comes from the obvious fact that he is a good eater.)

Thanksgiving was quite fun for Mike and I. We were lucky to have two Thanksgiving dinners. We had one the Saturday before with the Proctors (I had my first taste of Kansas corn which I have heard about since Mike and I got married.) and then another dinner on Thanksgiving day with the Lewis'. It was fun to be able to spend time with both of our families. Mike and I tried the black Friday with E. He was so good he slept through the entire thing! We were bad though. Every year I have done black Friday, I have HATED the people who wait in their cars for the doors to open and then casually walk in past the people who stood in line freezing after the doors open. Well, this year, because we had E, Mike and I became those people. I have to admit, it was nice to sit in the car with the heater while we people watched all the people waiting in line. I did feel a little guilty as I heard people saying, "Hey, back of the line, we waited in the cold!" but I still kept going.

Mike and I are officially all moved into our new home. We are still trying to get the apartment rented, so if anyone knows of anyone looking to move, let us know. Now comes the fun of putting everything away. Yeah...our DI pile keeps getting bigger and bigger. It is a good time to clear everything out that we don't need or use. I have discovered that Mike and I have a lot of crap. I know, it isn't all crap, but man, we do have a lot of stuff! How much of it is really needed?

We hope that everybody enjoyed their Thanksgivings. We look forward to celebrating the Christmas season and remembering the sacrifice that our Savior made for us.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, Ethan's a cutie! You have to put those new little outfits on them early. You'll be surprised how many of them fit before you think they will,or before the tag says they will, especially if you wash them and they shrink!

Was Black Friday worth it? Did you get any wonderful deals?

The Proctors said...

We left our house by 4:40 and were home by 5. It wasn't bad at all! We got a camera that will fit right in our diaper bag, so it was nice!

The Proctors said...

sorry, we were home by 6! haha, the doors didn't even open until 5. :)

Peacocks said...

My favorite pic is the one in the sweater, he looks so cute!