Sunday, March 29, 2009

The End of Things...

Last week was my last week of student teaching. I found myself leaving the doors of AFHS with feelings of sadness, and I have to admit, joy.

I was sad because in the 10 weeks of student teaching, I have met many amazing students, many of whom are inspirations to me. There are many students that I want to keep in touch with, find out how they are doing and the many exciting opportunities they will have in their lives.

I was joyful because the end is in sight. I have to admit, there were some students that caused this joy also. Mostly though, the end is in sight, I have a few more things to finish up, and then I graduate. Wow, it has been a lot of work and a TON of time devoted to see this day coming.

If I discovered anything in my time of student teaching, it was that I chose the right profession. While teaching was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, it was also the most rewarding. I loved working with those students that were struggling and seeing their faces as they either got the concept, or they saw the ability they did have to do the work. That was the most amazing thing. I am hoping to be able to get a job teaching in the fall (although, things are definitely not looking up for the teaching profession right now, job wise.)

For all those that are as excited as me about my upcoming graduation, it will be happening on May 1st at 8 AM. All are welcome to attend. I will keep you updated on where the grand event will be happening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so excited to be done, too. you're teaching in the fall? what about your baby? you have so much coming up!!!

Rachel Murray said...

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. You've worked hard and deserve it. Good luck with the job search, I hope you can find exactly what you are looking for.