Friday, July 11, 2008

The Bike

On my way to work, I started thinking about statistics. I am not normally a statistics type person, but I wanted to figure these out.

I have ridden my bike now for 3 weeks. I hit that mark yesterday. Wow...I thought it was longer, but guess not. In those 3 weeks, I have ridden 204 miles (no wonder my quads are constantly tired) and 27 1/2 hours.

I have almost been hit by cars 5 times. The best is when I see them and stop, but they don't see me until I am already stopped. They get really scared and look like they are going to have a heart attack...drivers jumping in their seats...hahaha.

Mike is back on days (YIPEE!!) and so he no longer meets me at my work on Friday evening to pick me up to go out, I get to ride home. No big deal, the ride isn't as torterous as it used to be. In the first week, the 9 miles home about killed me. Now I have broken it up into sections. "OK, I just need to get to the BYU playing fields." "OK, now I just need to get to the next light." "Will's Pit stop is the next...that is where most drivers pay attention the least." "I made it to Will's Pit Stop, now to Borders (there is this really nice shady spot to sit and cool down in right past Borders. It is nice.)" "Now it is the Orem Hill (which by the way I don't have to walk up anymore) and then it is downhill the rest of the way to home." These are some of the thoughts that run through my head while I pedal away. If anyone wants to come join me, go for it! I would suggest though that you don't listen to BarJ Wranglers on your iPod...they just aren't that motivating to pedal too...

3 comments:

Christensen family said...

You are awesome! I love riding bikes, but I don't think I'd have the will power to do it to work every day. Good job.

Amber said...

Becky,
You are amazing! What kind of a bike do you have? We need to go riding sometime. I just took mine in for a tune up a few minutes ago. I don't ride to work or anything ambitious like that, but I do like to go up the canyon1 We need to catch up. Things are not great for Jeff and me right now, but I will keep you posted! :(

Amber

Unknown said...

Wow! That's great! You ride from work all the way home? CRAZY! but great! :) how's work these days? Did you know I'm moving? We actually just decided last weekend... we're moving to California on the 15th. We just found a place this past weekend. Hope all is well! :)