Monday, October 15, 2007

Preparations for the first deer hunt

Mike is really big into the outdoors. In fact, I think if Mike could live out in the mountains, he would. Then there is me. I am ok camping, I have done it all my growing up with the girl scouts and young women, but I love the conveniences of being in the city. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy camping while I am camping, but I love it when I get home. You could probably blame my mom on this attitude. My mom hates the mountains. Her idea of camping was going and spending a weekend at the family cabin. Heaven forbid if you put my mom into a tent. I just can't imagine her spending a week in the tent, not to mention all the small, furry animals with beady eyes that could be lurking about!

Anyway, Mike is really excited about introducing me to my first ever deer hunt. He made sure to get a tent that has a stove in it so that I will be warm. "After all," says Mike, "I have to make sure that you will go deer hunting with me next year!" With all the preparations, I have to admit I am getting a little excited about going. With the excitement comes the aprehentiong. The fact that I have to wear orange if I go anywhere outside the tent. The fact that I will probably be very cold and love the idea of a stove in my tent. But, how can you not be excited when every 5 minutes Mike is telling you how excited he is to introduce you to the deer hunt. I did let Mike know that we would be hunting in different ways. He will shoot his deer his way (with a rifle) and I will shoot my deer my way (with a camera). When Mike gets his deer, I have to admit, I will not know what to do with it. Where will we put it? Can we borrow freezer space? How will I cook it? I guess this is part of being a newlywed, you get to learn new things!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

A hunting we will go! A hunting we will go! I don;t know the rest so, A Hunting we will go!