Saturday, October 27, 2007

In All Fairness

So, after our last post, I decided that in all fairness, I needed to share some of the things that I have done that are not so, well, smart. Sometimes (a lot of times actually, but don't tell anyone) I do things before my brain catches up and, well, I am sure some of you have seen the results.

#1 - We went bowling last night. I know, I told y'all that we were both improving our games...does that include learning to hit yourself in the face with the bowling ball? What? Did you read that right? You sure did, I hit myself in the face with the bowling ball. It wasn't easy, let me tell you that much. As I was pulling my ball up (in severe concentration) before I started to bowl, I misjudged the distance and hit myself. I wouldn't suggest you try it, it kinda hurts.

#2 - You all read how we went to the deer hunt last weekend. What you didn't read was how I decided my tennis shoes smelled too much like wood smoke to wear. I decided to wash them. There is nothing wrong with that, but in the process of drying them, I decided to put them on the heat vent. We only have one heat vent in our home, it is a big one and you can see the furn
ace directly under it. Because I wanted the insides to dry, I put them upside down. The next morning, I smelled something like burning rubber. I decided to take the shoes off. Later in the morning, when I went to put them on, I noticed that the right one in particular, looked kinda funny. A little brown, a little shriveled. Oops. I could live with that but the insert was a complete, shriveled little thing. So, I ruined my tennis shoes. Shame shame as I wore them almost every day.

#3 - About a month ago, the entire Proctor clan went fishing. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is probably one of the things I would not do on my own. Fish? Gross. Anyway, we were all sitting in chairs along Gooseberry Reservoir and I noticed that it was raining on the lake. I didn't feel it raining on me so I said, "Look, it only rains on the lake here!" Well, it has quickly become the joke of the family, that whenever Becky is along, it only rains on the lake, it doesn't rain where she is!

I am sure that I could go on and on as normally my brain sometimes (often) goes into slow mode, but I probably have given you enough fodder at this time to laugh at me for quite awhile. Please, make any teasing merciful and kind.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't you know that all is fair in love and really bad, self-inflicted haircuts? Just because you shared with all of the free world just one of the dumb things Mike did, you don't have to list a bunch about yourself. She who writes the posts has the power! Remember that!

Rosie said...

All I can say is AMEN Amanda!

The Proctors said...

It's all good. I don't mind making fun of myself :) It keeps me sane sometimes.