Saturday, September 15, 2012

Catch up

 I was doing really good for about 3 weeks earlier this summer in blogging. I have since fallen off the wagon.I have a lot to catch up on now. I love my boys and love spending time with them, so I end up doing that instead of blogging. But, as I want a record of what we do together, I decided that I better catch up.

Sleepy Time

I love bedtime! I love that Mike and I get the opportunity to relax and talk (if Mike hasn't fallen asleep himself) after bedtime, but I love bedtime. I love the cuddles that happen. I love the giggles, the stories, and the songs that happen at bedtime. Little Man has taken to making up stories about Chocolate. This is a little boy that can fly and seems to like to do the same things that Little Man likes to do. {grin}

I love sneaking into check on my boys after they fall asleep also. I love seeing how they sleep. They always look so peaceful. Little Man also seems to twist and turn into the most interesting positions.

Under his pillow, squished into the corner.

Baby K has delayed bedtime many times by showing his cute smile and his adorable laugh!
Our Little Streaker

Our Little Man loves doing things his own way. Being potty trained has been a blessing indeed. However, this has led to some interesting instances. Mike and I were sitting on our couch one day and looked out the window. Low and behold, we saw Little Man in a t-shirt, no unders, not pants, one church shoe, and one boot. He was walking around the stones that ring our trees. What does a responsible parent do? They grab their camera to get proof of this to one day embarrass the boy! We then sent him in to get some clothes on. :)

Of course we censored it!
Streaking is exhausting!
 Fishing

Back in June, I had a baby shower to go to so Mike took advantage. While I had Baby K with me, Mike took Little Man fishing. This has since turned into one of the Chocolate stories. {grin} Mike and Little Man went to Gooseberry and set up camp. They then sent the morning catching fish. Little Man caught all the fish and Mike didn't catch any. He loved and it will tell you all about it!
Watching the pole.
Reeling in a fish
Little Man's first fish!
The boy loves his dog!
 Fourth of July

We have loved doing things this year as Little Man has gained more of an understanding of what is going on. He is no longer just there for the ride, but actually loves participating in things. The Fourth of July was no different. We woke up very early in the morning (seriously, very early) and went to the balloon fest. I haven't been for years and it is definitely something that I loved taking Little Man to. He was enthralled with the balloons and he loved spending time with his cousins. We then went to Kneaders where we enjoyed some delicious french toast. I think that I need to stop going to Kneaders on event days. I need to go when there aren't crowds going for the same thing. After eating at Kneaders, we went to 7Peaks where we had fun hanging out and playing all afternoon. We missed the parade, but decided this might be a new tradition in the making. It was fun!

Seven cousins, all boys. They have fun together!
Baby K, his first Fourth of July.
Little Man couldn't get enough of the balloons.
How fun! Definitely a lot of crowds, but it was worth it.
It is magical to see so many balloons all together.
The babies, about 4 weeks apart. In this picture Baby K is 3 months and Baby C is 2 months.

No comments: