Monday, June 21, 2010

Look What E Learned!

It is official...my baby is growing up.

E has been crawling for about a month now. He has been fascinated by the stairs in our home (which, by the way are steep, narrow stairs,) and it has worried me.

Saturday, we stopped by to visit with Grandpa Jack. We were sitting on the back lawn/porch, chatting, and eating a few strawberries. Sidenote: Grandpa Jack's strawberries are WAY better than store bought and E LOVED them! Anyway, E was crawling around and used one of Grandpa's stairs to pull himself of to standing. This is what followed:Yep, once he tried, those stairs were easy for him! Shoot, now I really have to watch him inside the house to keep him away from our stairs until he learns to go down.

You can't visit Grandpa Jack without getting a picture with him! Aren't they a cute pair?Saturday, E went to the Freedom Festival Baby contest. By the time I got him judged, E was tired, rubbing his eyes and not as happy as he normally is. While he smiled at the judges and didn't have a meltdown, he didn't laugh at them, as he is known to do. That is ok, I know my little guy is a cutie and he has a smile to melt your heart. Here are some pictures from the event.
Lately, E has decided to be independent. That includes feeding himself. Most of the time, I can trick him into thinking he is feeding himself while I help out. Others, I am not so lucky. The picture below is when I was mostly lucky and E didn't insist on feeding himself until there was not much left. It resulted in him not being as messy.Yesterday was Father's Day. I just have to say that I am lucky my little guy has such an AMAZING dad. E loves his daddy! Sometimes, I think Mike is E's favorite. Occasionally, I may get a teensy bit jealous that E saves his biggest smiles and laughs for his daddy, but that jealousy goes away quickly when I realize how lucky I am they are such buddies. Yep, I am pretty sure that E is going to be following his daddy around everywhere and then I am going to have two power tool junkies on my hands. Oh, what is a girl to do?

Thanks Mike for being such an amazing, awesome, spectacular dad!

No comments: