Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not Yet

I just wanted everybody to know that Ethan is not here yet. Tomorrow, I will be 39 weeks, and it appears Ethan is content as ever to stay just where he is. It doesn't matter that I am not, and that I want him to come (really, am I ready for that?)

At my last couple of appointments, the doctor has said, "Nope, he is not coming this week." I haven't had any contractions, nothing to signal that Ethan is ready for the big journey to come to this big, wide open world. Nope, he seems to like his squished environment.

Everybody tells me that I should enjoy it while it lasts, that I won't get any sleep once he is here, but really? I don't think I am getting much sleep as it is. If anybody has any suggestions for a (almost) 9 month pregnant woman to be comfortable enough to sleep at night, please share. I will be willing to take any suggestions!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

I liked a body pillow. Although, it is very hard to sleep at the end. So uncomfortable. Good luck with everything. We can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

Sarey1127 said...

I second the body pillow suggestion. Right at the end of my pregnancies I ended up sleeping in our lazy boy recliner.