Friday, June 12, 2009

Air Show

I have been extremely lax about updating my blog lately. This is probably because I feel that nothing is going on in the Proctor lives right now that is extremely exciting. I graduated, Mike is working, I am job searching (trust me, anything and everything and it gets extremely discouraging at times.) I hope to be able to blog about a new job soon. Trust me, I would be extremely excited to do that.

On Saturday, Mike and I took Tait and Blake to the Hill Air Force Air Show. I am almost convinced that Mike may never want to go with me again, as I ended up directing us on the longest walk/hike in the history of any 4 and 7 year old.

The last time I went to the air show was in 2006. I went with our friend Kevin, who happens to be in the reserve and works up at Hill. When we went, we parked at the high school about 1 1/2 miles down the road, walked up the hill to the base and then caught a shuttle to where the air show took place. Well, I convinced Mike that we didn't need to drive onto the base, that we could just walk on up and catch a shuttle. The climb up the hill is a lot of work for a 4 and 7 year old and Mike ended up doing this walk with one of them on his shoulders the whole entire time.

The best part was when we got to the base. Unlike last time, there were NO SHUTTLES!!! Well, there were shuttles, which we discovered when we go to where the air show was, but where they were picking up, we have no idea, not in the same place that we caught them before. We ended up walked for over an hour (honestly, I don't know how many miles, but it felt like 4 or 5 total) just to get to where the air show was. I know that Tait and Blake did not expect this, neither did Mike or I and I would NOT recommend doing this at 6 months pregnant. I was extremely sore/tired/worn out by the end of the day. The best part? We met Mike's parents there and guess where they parked? Right in the parking lot, next to the tarmac where the air show took place! Walking distance? Less than a mile. Trust me, if I get Mike to go again, that is where we will plan on parking.

Once we got to the air show, it was fun. There were things to look at in the sky, planes to go into, crowds of people to wade through, little boys to try to keep track of. A lesson for parenthood, I don't know if I am ready to deal with the stress of keeping track of little children in a crowd that the news estimated was 300.000 strong.

Here are some of the things we saw. Trust me, lots of fun, lots of noise, and something I want to take my little boy to in a couple of years (when ear plugs will fit in his ears and stay in.)


2 comments:

Peacocks said...

I am so glad to see an update! And remember you can blog about anything !!!!!!

Unknown said...

what do you mean you have nothing going on?!! you're about to have a little boy!!! i blog stalk you and usually come up empty handed. blog, becky. blog.