Thursday, April 16, 2009

And the verdict is...

Today was the big day. We went to get an ultrasound to find out if we were having a little boy or a little girl. We had some fun getting to see our little baby. We discovered that little baby Proctor likes to cross its arms in front of its face, just like mommy. (Mike says that I am being cheesy, but it is my little baby so I will be cheesy if I want to. It is my right to be so.)

When the tech went to get a shot of the gender, there were some things in the way, mainly the umbilical cord which was resting right there between the legs. The other issue is that its little bum was right in my pelvis and it was comfortable, so no matter how we tried to get it to move, it just stayed there. Could be stubborn like its daddy. I also have a little bit extra padding that distorts the image. (yeah, shouldn't have eaten those cookies last night. But they were soooo good.)

The tech finally gave this verdict.

"Well, it is a boy, maybe."
"Maybe? Can't you tell? Would it help if I got up and jumped a little?"
"Not really." (he then explained the issues.)
"So, are we telling people that it is a boy then?"
"Well, you can, just don't buy too many blue clothes at this point."

We are going to be able to go back in a month when the baby is a little bigger. So for right now, we are having a boy...maybe. So for right now, we are welcoming little Hayden Jack (a.k.a. Peanut) into our family. We anticipate having an adorable little baby boy. Mike is worried that it will get too many of its looks from his daddy, but I wouldn't have married him if I didn't think thing he was handsome. And if my little baby has his daddy's eyelashes, I will be happy.

I would upload the images from the ultrasound, but they look better on the VHS that we have and didn't print clearly at all. I may change my mind and upload them anyway.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

I still think it should be called Hayda.

Amanda said...

Hayda...hmmm... that's a good combo! Rosie may be on to something. At least for now, until you know for sure.

The Barton Bunch said...

YAY! Congrats! Little boys are so much fun.