Friday, April 11, 2008

Orientation Meetings

Don't you love it when you are told that in order to do something, you need to attend a 2 hour, mandatory orientation? This is what I was told I had to do before registering for any education classes. Of course, there was only one time for the orientation, and it happened to be right smack in the middle of my work schedule. So, what do I do? I found some awesome people to take part of my shift and I went to this orientation. Well, it wasn't the 2 hours they said it was going to be. It was only 40 minutes. So then I have some free time before taking the truck in for a recall on the brake lights and I still can't register right away for my classes. I have to wait until they process the paperwork that we turned in showing that we submitted the request for background checks and what-not. Ah the waiting game, I have been playing it for 3 weeks already so what is another 3 hours, right?

On the bright side, it is looking like I can apply for my student teaching by August 8 (which means that I also have to take the Praxis exam this summer) and then be done next April, student teaching and everything! Oh how nice it is when the end is in sight!

No comments: