Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Girl's Night Out

With the end of a semester, there are always huge projects due, and for some reason, they all are due at the same time. This is something that any college student can attest to. So, this is the week that I have everything due and I have been working hard to get it done. I have finished my unit plan which had to include 5 lessons and an assessment, I have finished a 4 page philosophy of teaching and I have been working on a 5-6 page paper and a 10 page paper. The 10 pager is what has been causing me the most stress.

Knowing how much work I have to do this week, I was a bit apprehensive when Rosie invited me to go hang out with the girls. I first said yes but than I started to think about how much I still have left to do and got a little stressed. I finally made a compromise, I would see how much of my 10 page paper I could get finished before the time came when the girls were going out. If I felt that I got far enough (more than the 1 page I had finished Monday night) than I would go. At 5 PM, I had 7 pages (and 4 lines!) done and felt that I could afford to take a break from writing so off I went.

Rosie and Erica picked me up and we met Amanda in Lehi and we went up to Sweet Tomatos. This is one of Rosie's favorite places to go, but I have never been there before. It is a salad buffet type of place and it was good. They had the theme of lemon week or month (not exactly sure which) and they had a very delicious green salad with a lemon dressing. Yummm....They had a lemon cake, lemon muffins etc. But they also had a ton of soup options (I would suggest the chili, it is very good.) It was fun and good to get away from the stress of getting everything done, sitting around and just talking and laughing.

I was able to get up this morning and finish my paper. Whew, that is done (not really, I still need people to proof it for me) and now I just have my 5 pager and studying for a couple of finals. Funny how you get things done and you think you are really done until you remember all the other things you have to do. Next Thursday...that is when I will really be done, at least until the following Wednesday when it starts all over again.

So, thanks Rosie, Erica and Amanda for a fun night out and a chance to put it all out of my mind for a bit.

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

That sounds fun. Rosie & Amanda are good sister in laws. :) Everyone needs a girls night out every once in awhile. Good luck with all the school stuff.

Kelli Proctor said...

You are so cute! I love Sweet Tomatoes too, one of my faves, but we dont go very often its definitly not a favorite of ROger's, not enough MEAT! I need to add you to my blog, I am going to do that right now!