Saturday, January 26, 2008

Per-Diddle!

One may ask what one of the funnest things to do may be...it would be teaching your 3 & 5 year old nephews a new game. There is a car game that I have played for many, many years called per-diddle. When you see a car driving toward you that only has one headlight, you hit the roof/ceiling of the car and yell out "Per-Diddle!" Of course, the premise is the one in the car to do this first, wins that round. Through the playing of this game, I learned that Mike had never heard of it, oh the horror! After I taught this game to Mike, we have fun playing it often while in the car, even though Mike does have a tendency to cheat and call per-diddle on the cars behind us!

So, we were driving in our car last night with Tait & Blake and I saw a per-diddle. Of course, I yelled it out and hit the ceiling of the car. Mike then had me teach the game to Tait & Blake, and we were then treated to a chorus of "Per-Diddle" and "Poh-dido" from the back of the car. It was fun, especially knowing that, now, when the boys drive with their parents, they will be treated to this chorus, and may not know the game. Of course, Mike introduced that the winner of the Per-Diddle game gets a treat bought by the loser (he then designated me as the loser,) so not only will they get the chorus of "Per-Diddle" and "Poh-dido", they will also get the chorus of "I win! What do I get for my treat!"

Ha Ha, this is truly a fun thing to do with your two nephews! Teach them a new game that has treats.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for having the boys over. They both had such a good time! They love their Uncle Mike and Aunt Becky so much! You guys are awesome!

Michelle said...

How cute! I need to play that game more. haha