Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I decided I better make a post before school got too much into the swing of things and I don't find the time to post. I already have to have 200 pages of a book read by Thursday, and I can't even find the book! Hopefully, I can get it on Monday...just in time for me to go to my third class and find out more stuff I have to do. Isn't school great?

Anyway, this was a great New Years. Mark & Rosie invited friends and family over...family meaning the siblings (Mom & Dad just showed up to take 2 little boys with them.) Mark made some dang good BBQ meat, and said he was keeping it a secret where he got it. I am cool with it being a secret, cause that means Mark & Rosie will just have to invite us over to eat more of it sometime :). Afte
r we ate, we played a ton of games. It was fun to play games that we haven't played for a while, like Mafia (thanks Amanda for always thinking I was the Mafia...) It seemed that as the night went on, I kept saying things that everybody thought was funny, and they got funnier as the night progressed. I was extremely tired, I hadn't recovered from staying up past midnight the night before and getting up at 5:30 (that is not something that I would recommend anyone do) and midnight seemed like a long way in coming. It was great though to be a comedian, if even for one night. If I ever do become a comedian, I just have to make sure that my audience is extremely tired. I am so glad that I was able to enliven the night!

Mike & I have discovered something that we love doing, and we hadn't done it in a long time. Sledding, or as Tait and Blake would say, Scubing. So, on Monday night, we asked everybody if they wanted to go on New Years day. What better way to bri
ng in the New Years! You get your exercise hiking up the hill to go down, and then you get a fun ride to the bottom! There were a ton of people at the hill on New Years Day and the snow was much more packed and icy than when we had gone before, but it meant that you went down faster. So much fun! I kept going past the snow into the mud and gravel and as a result, I was covered in mud by the end of the day. It is a good thing that I forgot my little plastic pants to put over my clothes and ended up wearing Mike's jump suit, I didn't even need a coat! Sledding was a ton of fun, and we even got a promise to take us to the 'sledding hill' in Aurora, which is supposed to be much bigger and much more fun! While I took pictures of sledding, I am not too pleased with most of them...so I will post just a few...here they are.

Anyway, we hope that everbody had a Happy New Year! May the year 2008 and be great and bring much happiness for all!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey, i just have to say thanks to you guys for letting us now about what time church was!!! it was a lifesaver!

The Barton Bunch said...

Hello Mike and Becky! Just wanted to say hi. I like the pictures of sledding...it looks like fun! Hope you guys are doing well.