Sunday, December 16, 2007

Temple Square

Have you ever been cold? What about freezing cold? Brrrrrr cold? You know, just plain cold! If you haven't, or you have just been too warm this winter, than you all should take a trip to Salt Lake's Temple Square to see the Christmas lights.

Mike and I decided to go up to Temple Square on Friday night. Not only was it extremely cold, it was also extremely busy. There was a concert going on and as a result, there was no parking anywhere. We were driving around and around when Mike offered to drop me off on the west side of the Temple and pick me up on the other side to give me a chance to see the lights, but it isn't any fun by yourself! After spending 20 minutes looking for parking, Mike asked me how I felt about going home and not looking at the lights. I made him keep looking for a parking spot. I am sure that he is glad I did, as it was absolutely beautiful!

Here are some pictures that we took Friday night. There were a lot of people, it was cold, but it was fun. We even went into the Deseret Book accross the street to warm up and to use the restroom, only to discover that there are people who don't lock stall doors! Yes, I walked in on an older lady. It was a little awkward. It was even more awkward when she kept apologizing to me! I guess if she had locked the stall door, I wouldn't have walked in in her!

Here are some more pictures!
Rosie commented that she missed a picture of Mike and I together, so here it is. My camera scares people and the couple that took our picture were scared to touch it after we asked them...but they did. So, as a result, Mike and I only got one picture together. We could have gotten more, but I forgot the tripod. Also, there were so many people that I would have worried about setting up a tripod to take a picture of Mike and I...somebody could have knocked it over! If you notice, Mike and I are blurry, but the Temple in the background is not! hahahahaMike and I are having a debate about the above picture. I took it blurry on purpose because I thought it looked cool. Mike says it messes with the eyes. So, create a comment to tell me what you think about the picture!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

The lights look beautiful. I have to agree with mike that picture messes with my eye. I'm just disappointed, out of all the light there isn't one picture with the two of you in it. Take picture with the both of you in it!

Rosie said...

Much better!! =)